Monday, January 26

Happy Chinese New Year

image via getty images

This is the year of the ox. Charlie's year. Claudia is a rat, just like me, and Mary Slayden is a Monkey, just like my grandmother, Meme. I called her today because she used to have a Chinese New Year book with colorful pictures and descriptions of all of the signs. I loved looking at that book when I was little and want to find it for my girls.
I think we'll celebrate by having Chinese food for dinner tonight. Ideally, we'd go to a restaurant, but I'm trying to diet so I'm making this Pork Ramen noodle dish. Its an old Weight Watchers recipe that has become a family fave. I might try to find some dumplings to steam also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, who celebrates Chinese New Year in America unless you are Chinese?